I try to give gifts that the person would love and appreciate. But the food activist in me also tries to give a gift that helps a person appreciate real food, home cooking and better health.
I often think that if I give a person the tool, they will be more inclined to make something at home. For instance, if I give something I use a lot and love, I can tell the recipient how I use it (and hope they ask for a recipe)!
Here is a list of lovely gift ideas for a chef like yourself and for your friends and family.
Note that these links are affiliate links. This means that I get a small commission which helps me continue to run the blog and thank you for your support!
Nourishing and Super Healthy Food
I love to give examples of some of the food products I really love! While it may seem kind of weird to give bottles of oil (for example), these are the highest quality foods that most folks really appreciate – especially if you explain to them what makes them so special!
Gift certificates are always welcome! Give gift certificates from superior companies like:
- US Wellness Meats – sells quality grassfed meat products with fantastic quality and customer service. They also sell uncured sugar-free and nitrate-free bacon and franks as well as grassfed tallow.
- Bos Creek – grassfed meats on a monthly plan.
- Vital Choice Seafood – fantastic quality of frozen fish and the canned salmon is amazing.
A membership to Thrive Market would be an awesome gift that provides savings all year!
Nuts and products from Radiant Life would satisfy anyone wanting high quality products!
Snacks and broth from Wise Choice Market would be an awesome gift!
- Hydrolyzed Collagen – This hydrolyzed product is from 100% grassfed cows and is a very high quality product.
- Gelatin – This gelatin is made from 100% grassfed cows and is a very high quality product.
Fats and Oils are Like Fine Wines
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil – This is a very high quality oil that is cheapest through Thrive Market.
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil (on Amazon) – This is a thick and fresh unrefined oil great for cooking! My top choice!
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayonnaise – This mayonnaise has an amazing taste and stays together better than commercial brands made with rancid, GM vegetable oils!
- Bionature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil – I love the light taste of this olive oil! Paired with the aged balsamic vinegar – it makes a wonderful gift – like a fine wine!
- Napa Valley Naturals Aged Balsamic Vinegar – this is SCD legal as it is aged over 18 years and is superior in taste and texture.
- Pure Ghee – the finest ghee made the traditional way from grassfed butter – great for pan sauteing.
- Palm Shortening – made from mechanically pressed organic palm oil – I love to use it in this recipe for GF Tea Cookies.
Salt and Spices in a Basket
- Mountain Rose Herbs – fantastic quality and savings on bottles and bulk herbs.
- Celtic Sea Salt – sourced from the sea.
- Makai Pure Sea Salt – This one has an amazing flavor – you have to try it!
- Real Salt – sourced from pure ancient caves.
Some of their combination products also make great gifts in a gift basket or bag!
Personal Care Products Make Great Gifts
- Beeyoutiful – fabulous skin, essential oils and haircare products – miracle salve is truly a miracle worker!
- Bloom Naturals – fantastic skin care especially for acne and eczema. We have found that Bloom products work the best for these issues. Get 20% off your order!
- Vintage Tradition – tallow skin balm – fantastic moisturizer and skin care balm.
I also use personal care product from Tropical Traditions. These are made from saponified coconut oil. You can eat these skin care products! If you have a friend or family member who wants to make the change to pure products, this is a good place to start!
- Quart of Gold Label Coconut oil – this is the highest quality coconut oil.
- One gallon of Gold Label Coconut Oil
- Coconut Concentrate (butter) – also known as coconut spread it is great for making dairy free shakes and treats!
- Shredded coconut – these are very fine pieces that are great for baking macaroons.
- Flaked coconut
- Coconut Flour – this coconut flour is very fine and great for baking GF breads!
- Coconut Chips – fabulous roasted!
What Would Holidays be Without Chocolate
- Mountain Rose Herbs – superior quality for food grade cacao (cocoa) butter, fair prices, fair trade and great price on 5 pounds.
- Mountain Rose Herbs – High quality, raw cacao (cocoa) powder.
- Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips – There is no soy in this one and it is very tasty with low sugar and the chips are small – perfect for GF baking!
- Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunk – Here too, no soy in this one and it is very tasty with low sugar.
- Theo Baking Chocolate (soy free)
- Lindt Chocolate 90% Cacao – Dark Supreme – I like this because it has only 3 grams of sugar per serving.
- Liberty Chocolate – GAPS legal as it is made with honey not sugar.
- Vitamix Turbo Blender. This one I actually got as a gift and I LOVE it! It is so versatile and quick.
- KitchenAid 4 1/2 Quart Stand Mixer. This is also on my wish list! I think this would be great for all the baking I do. I love the red!
- Le Cruset 5 1/2 Quart Enameled Dutch Oven. This is so useful for slow cooking chicken, roasts, sauces, bone broth, etc. and it is toxin free. I LOVE all Le Cruset cookware.
- Le Cruset Enameled Cast Iron 11 3/4″ Skillet. This is an awesome fry pan. It really holds the heat evenly and it great for fritatas.
- Excalibur 9 Tray Dehydrator. This is great for making crispy nuts, dried tomatoes, dried fruit, dried herbs and many other dried foods.
- Cuisinart 14 Cup Food Processor. This is essential in any kitchen.
- All Clad Stainless Steel 12″ Fry Pan. Great product.
- Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron 10 1/4 Inch Skillet. I love any Le Cruset cookware. This is a very useful size.
- Cuisinart 2 Quart Ice Cream Maker. I have one of these and it is a great thing.
- Breville 700 Watt Compact Juicer. This works well and isn’t too hard to clean.
- Cuisinart Classic 12 Quart Stock Pot. A must have for making soups and broth.
- All Clad 6 Piece Stainless Steel Tool Set. I like the design of this one.
- Le Creuset Stoneware 1-1/4-Quart Rectangular Baker with Bonus 16-Ounce Rectangular Baker. These are beautiful and attractive for serving food in.
- Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Set and Forget Crock Pot. I chose Hamilton Beach because there is not supposed to be any lead in the enamel.
- Kitchen Aid 7 Speed Hand Blender. I have the 5 speed and it could be a little faster but it is very quiet. I love it!
- Yogourmet Electric Yogurt Maker. I have this one and I love it! Great for making coconut milk yogurt and raw milk yogurt!
- J.A.Henckles Knives. This looks like a good deal.
- Cuisinart Classic Waffle Maker. You will need this to make my famous grain-free waffles.
- Cuisinart Mini Prep Processor. This is a must have for those small jobs like processing dates.
- Cuisinart Immersion Blender. You will need this for making my famous minute mayonnaise. This is also a must have in the real food kitchen!
- Le Cruset 10 oz. Stoneware Mortar and Pestle. I always wanted one of these and this one looks so cool.
- Wusthoff Precision Knife Sharpener. A real food chef needs a knife sharpener.
- Tablecraft Measuring Spoon Set. A very cool set of three different measuring utensils.
- Totally Bamboo 3 Piece Cutting Board Set. This is totally cool and made of sustainable wood!
- Case of Ball Wide Mouth Jars and Plastic Lids. These are essential for storing all that wonderful home made food!
- Kuhn Rikon Julienne Peeler with Blade Protector. This is essential for making that fantastic zucchini pasta!
- Epicurean Natural Cutting Board. This is made from 50% recycled cardboard and it is quite durable and easy to clean.
Check out the Grain Free Series from Dr. Jill Tieman!
DIY Organic Beauty — 50+ All-Natural, Toxin-Free Recipes That Really Work from Mommypotamus
Click here to view more details
- Make your own shampoo, conditioners, lotions and deodorant
- Whiten your teeth naturally without harsh chemicals like coal tar, fluoride, aspartame, aluminum and benzene
- Nourish yourself from the inside out for radiant skin, hair and nails
- Use natural preservatives, make sure your skin and hair remain PH balanced, and formulate products that are safe for small children
Natural Cocktail E-Book from Our Nourishing Roots
Homemade alcoholic drinks for the real foodie, without dyes, artificial colors, or fake flavors. Shake up your favorite mixed drinks at home, from classic Martinis to contemporary Cosmopolitans.
What Can I Eat Now? 30 Days on the GAPS Introduction Diet from HealthHomeHappiness
Step by Step guide to get you started and through the GAPS Introduction diet.
Grain Free Meal Plans Freezer Cooking Guide from HealthHomeHappiness
Grain Free Meal Plans Freezer Cooking Guide guides you through stocking your freezer in 5 shorter cooking blocks with 22 Breakfasts, 10 lunches, 16 Dinners, 28 Snacks and Sides, and 8 desserts (each serves 4).
Real Food Ingredient Guide from Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Do you want to use more nutritious ingredients in your kitchen, but feel confused about which ones to choose? Do you need help deciphering food labels at the store, or knowing which foods to buy at your local farm?
Real Food Party Planning Guide from Kelly the Kitchen Kop
Does having people over stress you out? I’ve made it easier for you with the tips I’ve learned about planning ahead for a shindig. This will help you de-stress the whole experience, so you can enjoy yourself as much as your guests are sure to!