Years ago, I had a patient bring her young daughter in to see me for nutritional advice because she had just been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Her symptoms were serious and extremely painful.
This sick child had bloody diarrhea, painful cramping, bloating and a general feeling of fatigue. She was not growing and she had a mouthful of cavities.
The mother was beside herself.
The medical answer was to put her child on strong medications, including steroids that could further limit her growth and make her bones and teeth weak.
The medical doctors told her diet had nothing to do with the condition.
The mother just couldn’t understand how a serious digestive condition had nothing to do with diet.
So she came to see me.
I put her child on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet – a grain-free diet. The basic concept of the diet – that undigested sugars and starches primarily from grains cause an imbalance in the gut flora. These undigested carbohydrates become food for pathogens, and these pathogens multiply and take up strong residence in the gut.
Any damage to the lining of the digestive tract also causes a loss of the digestive enzymes that are embedded in the lining. Therefore, digestion is further compromised. This can eventually develop into a disease process. If the carbohydrates are continuously eaten, it drives the cycle, and the symptoms as well as the intestinal damage gets worse and worse.
The Grain-Free Concept Makes So Much Sense
The concept of this vicious cycle makes so much sense, I wondered why I hadn’t come across it sooner.
Around this time, I started to experience multiple chemical sensitivities and food allergies — as a result of leaky gut and my son started to have food allergies as well. So we all started the diet together.
After going on this journey, treating numerous patients with the diet and speaking with hundreds of people on these diets, I realized that there are many health problems that can be addressed by going grain-free.
For us the results were amazing. My son was behind in his tooth development and had 3 cavities in baby teeth. After going grain free, he lost 7 baby teeth and has not had a cavity since (he just turned 21!)
My chemical sensitivities are much better as well! Most of the patients who went on the diet also did very well! A grain free diet is the basis for the SCD, the GAPS and the Paleo diets. There are other diets that advocate going grain free as well.
Health Issues Addressed by Going Grain Free
Removing grains from the diet can alleviate many distressful symptoms such as:
- Digestive problems from bloody diarrhea to constipation
- Joint pain
- Tooth decay
- Insulin sensitivity
- High blood pressure
- And so many more
Going Grain Free is Hard
Yes it is hard, but here is where I make it MUCH EASIER for you!
My class, go grain free (use this link to see the details of the class but use the link for the Bundle below in order to get the class and the bundle for the incredible price of 29.97!) has over 80 videos that teach you exactly how to cook and bake with grain free flours and foods. There are also written recipes as well as information about the pantry items and kitchen tools you will need to be successful.
The videos show you exactly how the batter should look and all the steps in between.
It becomes simple!
What You Get in This Class
You’ll get unlimited access to 12 lessons including:
- Over 80 video tutorials
- Over 150 recipes!
When first introduced, go grain free retailed at 199.00. But you can get it for practically nothing RIGHT NOW!
Coconut Banana Muffins
- 4 medium bananas (well spotted)
- 4 whole eggs (pastured if possible)
- 3 eggs separated (7 eggs total)
- 2 tablespoon applesauce (there is a video for homemade apple sauce in the class)
- 4 tablespoon ghee (there is a video for ghee in the class)
- 2 tablespoon raw honey (where to buy raw honey)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut flour (where buy coconut flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (where to buy sea salt and spices)
- Food processor (where to buy a food processor)
- Electric hand beater (where to buy)
- 2 bowls
- wooden spoon for folding in the whites
- Using a food processor, puree the bananas
- In a two separate bowls, separate the largest 3 eggs you have into whites and yolks
- With the hand beat, beat the whites until they are stiff peaks and set aside
- Add the 4 whole eggs and the yolks to the food processor and process
- Add the honey, ghee, applesauce and vanilla and process
- Add the coconut flour – start with ¾ cup, baking soda and salt and process until smooth
- Add the rest of the coconut flour if the batter is too loose
- Pour this batter back into the bowl you used for the yolks
- Place the whites into the bowl and fold them in
- Using a tablespoon, spoon this batter into the muffin cups (unbleached paper cups in the tins)
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes. Check it and bake another 7 – 8 minutes, covered so it doesn’t get too browned on top
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 – 38 minutes
As you can see, baking with coconut flour is really easy once you get used to it. With all the tips I share in my class, you’ll be a grain-free pro in no time!
Take this Fantastic Opportunity!
Right now there is a truly unbeatable and amazing opportunity to get my go grain free class as well as TONS of other ebooks and ecourses (94 but who is counting?) and bonus coupons from your favorite companies in the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle on sale this week from September 9 – 14!