My friends over at Organic Gemini are generously offering my readers an opportunity to try their tiger nuts and tiger nut flour. You may have seen my recent post about this new/old food! There will be 5 winners!
Organic Gemini has generously offered to giveaway 1 – 12 oz bag of Organic Gemini Raw Organic TigerNuts and 1 – 1 pound bag of Raw Organic TigerNut Flour ($26 value) to 5 Real Food Forager readers!
There is no doubt that tigernuts are an ancient food. As a member of the nutsedge family, tigernuts have been used in traditional medicinal treatments for digestive issues, menstrual problems, high blood pressure and many other problems.
A tigernuts is not a nut! They are sort of like chestnuts with the texture of hazelnuts and are surprisingly sweet! They can be hard, so soaking for a while in water is a good idea to soften them.
A fantastic traditional milk made from the tigernuts is called Horchata de Chufa in Spain and Kunnu Aya in Nigeria. Thanks to Organic Gemini, this milk, in several delicious flavors may be purchased in select Whole Foods Markets and at their Brooklyn NY location, the Gaansvoort Market. (See below for more ways to buy). I love this because I am a Brooklyn-born girl myself.
They also make tigernut flour and sell bags of the tigernuts. There is also the tigernut oil which I found to be very tasty. The oil has a fatty acid profile very similar to olive oil. I placed my bottle of tiger nut oil in the refrigerator and sure enough, it gelled up just like olive oil does – due to the monounsaturated fatty acids.
Enough about tiger nuts! Here’s the giveaway!
How to Enter the Giveaway
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. The only mandatory action is to sign up for my newsletter here, and indicate that in the rafflecoptor.
When you sign up for my newsletter, don’t forget to click on the confirm link when it comes to your inbox or else you won’t be signed up.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
Recommended but not mandatory:
- Click on the other options in the Rafflecopter widget below if you want extra entries to increase your chances to win.
- You only need to leave the one comment.
- The winners will be announced on the blog, too, so you may want to sign up for my blog post updates on the side bar of the blog or the green box at the bottom of the post, so you don’t miss anything and that will give you more chances as well.
- The winners will also be announced in my newsletter so you want to be sure to sign up for that.
- The winners will be announced on Saturday December 20, 2014. If you are the winner, you must respond to that by emailing me at Jill at Real Food Forager dot com within 48 hours of the announcement so you can claim your prize.
- This giveaway is open to anyone in the 50 US states
- You must be 18 years or older to participate