A cornerstone to healing the gut and maintaining great health is to consume properly made bone broth on a regular basis. It’s best to make your own homemade broth from grassfed, organic bones. But what happens when you run out and don’t have time to make it? I have just the solution for you!
Let’s face it.
Making bone broth takes time. And planning. You have to source the grassfed bones, make sure you have enough and simmer at least overnight. I like to put heads and feet in as well.
I use a lot of chicken broth to make soups and gravy, but sometimes I run out of my good homemade broth. That’s why I’m excited about this new product on the market!
My friends at Kettle & Fire have come up with the solution. They found a way to package their excellent, grassfed, organic chicken broth (new product!) without the need for freezing. Their bone broth (beef and now chicken) comes in tetra paks! So convenient and safe!
Traditionally Made Bone Broth
Kettle & Fire is the only company that makes fresh bone broth the traditional way. All the bones are from organic, pasture-raised and grass-fed chickens and most of the other ingredients are from organic sources. They even use chicken feet and heads in their broth.
Additionally, this broth is slow simmered for 24 hours.
Wow! This bone broth has a great flavor!
Health Benefits of Bone Broth
Bone broth has been linked to all kinds of health benefits:
- Helps to heal leaky gut by supporting the mucous lining of the intestine
- Improves skin, hair and joints by providing collagen and gelatin – essential peptides
- Improves digestion by providing easy to assimilate minerals and amino acids
- Decrease in joint pain by providing the building blocks of joint cartilage
Tetra Paks Require Less Packaging and Less Processing
Kettle & Fire bone broth is the only shelf-stable bone broth on the market. This means that – without ANY preservatives or additives – their broth will be good at room temperature for up to 2 years.
My friends at Kettle & Fire explained to me that with tetra paks there is no need to irradiate or pasteurize the broth. The product doesn’t decay because it is packaged under a vacuum so there’s literally no air in the carton – that’s what makes it shelf stable. There’s nothing in the carton that can react with the broth and cause it to oxidize and decay.
Additionally, it doesn’t require any freezing, which eliminates the need to ship it frozen, in styrofoam containers that are harmful to the environment. Shipping is also much cheaper – often for less than $10.00 and any order over 6 units ships for free.
I really love the idea of tetra paks because it is very convenient to have the broth all ready to use.
How to Enter the Giveaway
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. The first mandatory action is to sign up for my newsletter here or in the larger green box at the bottom of the post.
When you sign up for the newsletter, don’t forget to click on the confirm link when it comes to your inbox or else you won’t be signed up.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Click on the other options in the Rafflecopter widget below if you want extra entries to increase your chances to win.
- Leave a comment that you went to the Kettle & Fire website!
- The giveaway runs from February 22 – February 28.
- The winner will be announced in my newsletter March 4, so be sure you signed up for that here: Real Food Forager Newsletter.
- This giveaway is open to anyone in the United States.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
If you don’t want to wait for the end of the giveaway you can save 20% off your first order at Kettle & Fire here – use coupon code FORAGER20 at checkout!
Code is for 20% off your first order and expires at the end of March. Just type in the code at checkout. The code applies to all flavors (including beef).