If you are in the real food, Paleo world, you know how essential properly made bone broth is to good health and healing. But what happens when you run out and don’t have time to make it? I have just the solution for you!
Let’s face it.
Making bone broth takes time. And planning. You have to source the grassfed bones, make sure you have enough and simmer for over 24 hours. I use a lot of it to make soups and gravy.
I usually run out of beef broth – and sometimes I just need a little for a gravy recipe. That’s why I’m excited about this new product on the market!
My friends at Kettle & Fire have come up with the solution. They found a way to package their excellent, grassfed, organic beef bone broth without the need for freezing. Their bone broth comes in tetra paks! So convenient and safe!
Traditionally Made Bone Broth
Kettle & Fire is the only company that makes fresh bone broth the traditional way. All the bones are from organic, pasture-raised and grass-fed cattle and most of the other ingredients are from organic sources.
Additionally, this beef broth is slow simmered for over 24 hours.
Wow! This bone broth has a great flavor!
Health Benefits of Bone Broth
Bone broth has been linked to all kinds of health benefits:
- Helps to heal leaky gut by supporting the mucous lining of the intestine
- Improves skin, hair and joints by providing collagen and gelatin – essential peptides
- Improves digestion by providing easy to assimilate minerals and amino acids
- Decrease in joint pain by providing the building blocks of joint cartilage
Tetra Paks Require Less Packaging and Less Processing
Kettle & Fire bone broth is the only shelf-stable bone broth on the market. This means that – without ANY preservatives or additives – their broth will be good at room temperature for up to 2 years.
My friends at Kettle & Fire explained to me that with tetra paks there is no need to irradiate or pasteurize the broth. The product doesn’t decay because it is packaged under a vacuum so there’s literally no air in the carton – that’s what makes it shelf stable. There’s nothing in the carton that can react with the broth and cause it to oxidize and decay.
Additionally, it doesn’t require any freezing, which eliminates the need to ship it frozen, in styrofoam containers that are harmful to the environment. Shipping is also much cheaper – often for less than $10.00 and any order over 6 units ships for free.
I really love the idea of tetra paks because it is very convenient to have the broth all ready to use.
How to Enter the Giveaway
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. The first mandatory action is to sign up for my newsletter here or in the larger green box at the bottom of the post.
When you sign up for the newsletter, don’t forget to click on the confirm link when it comes to your inbox or else you won’t be signed up.
You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Click on the other options in the Rafflecopter widget below if you want extra entries to increase your chances to win.
- Leave a comment that you went to the Kettle & Fire website!
- The giveaway runs from May 5, 2016 – May 9, 2016.
- The winner will be announced in my newsletter May 10, so be sure you signed up for that here: Real Food Forager Newsletter.
- This giveaway is open to anyone in the United States.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
Don’t forget to take a look at the Paleo Family Toolkit before it is gone! You’ll get my new e-book and if you buy the Toolkit through my link you get membership in my Go Grain Free online cooking class! (details here).