go grain-free: cooking for ancestral and healing diets
An Online Cooking Class
Everyone loves grains. Our USDA guidelines recommend grains to be 60% of the daily diet. The standard American diet is heavily based on grains and carbohydrates. Is this healthy?
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you didn’t have to live with digestive disturbances, joint pain, allergies, sinus problems, headaches, learning problems or asthma (just to mention a few symptoms)?
Wouldn’t life be easier if you could manage these conditions simply through diet?
Conventional medicine doesn’t tell you this, but you can manage and even eradicate certain conditions with diet alone. Eating real food and getting rid of all the processed and packaged foods is a start. A good start.
But some people have to go beyond that … they have to go grain free.
Why go grain-free?
There are many reasons to go grain-free:
- All grains are high in phytic acid, or phytates. This organic acid is present in the bran or hulls of all seeds (including all grains, legumes and nuts) and blocks the uptake of critical minerals like calcium, magnesium, copper and zinc. In order to remove the phytic acid in grains you have to soak and/or sprout the grains in a warm acidic solution. Since all commercial grain foods, with rare exceptions, are made with grains that are not properly prepared, we have many people who being harmed by eating these grains.
- Grains feed inflammation which, arguably, is the basis of many diseases. Grains have several inflammatory substances such as, phytic acid as mentioned above, as well as gluten and lectins. Glutins can be problematic for many people who may be unaware that they harbor gluten intolerance. Studies suggest that lectins may play a role in promoting inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes mellitus, rheumatoid arthritis, glomerulonephritis, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis, retinitis and cataracts, as well as congenital malformations, infertility, allergies and autoimmune problems.
- Grains disrupt proper sugar regulation. Whether they are whole grains or refined grains, they still have a high glycemic index level and are absorbed very rapidly — much like a candy bar.
- Improperly prepared grains may cause damage to the gut lining. Even properly prepared grains can do this to a susceptible person. If the food is not broken down properly, the large food molecules are released into the blood stream, and the immune system will react to these large molecules as if they were foreign invaders, initiating an immune reaction. This is how “leaky gut” develops.
- Wheat is no longer the wheat of our ancestors, and our digestive systems have not adapted to this newcomer. Wheat has been genetically manipulated (hybridized) over the past few centuries and today, its genetic makeup is very different. Modern wheat is a radically different food, and many people have not adapted to it.
Who needs this class?
You need this class if:
- You have food allergies or intolerances, asthma or skin conditions like eczema;
- You have joint problems like osteoarthritis or autoimmune arthritis (rheumatoid or psoriatic)
- You are gluten intolerant (blood tests for Celiac are negative but you know you feel better without gluten in your diet);
- You are on a gluten-free diet and still have problems;
- You are taking care of someone on the autism spectrum;
- You are on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, the GAPS Diet, the Paleo or Primal Diets;
- You have been diagnosed with Celiac disease, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease or any other digestive, arthritic or autoimmune disorder;
- You have been diagnosed with leaky gut syndrome or intestinal permeability;
- You know you feel better without grains (and dairy) but don’t know where to start.
Why I’m teaching this class
When I started on my grain-free journey there were not a lot of teaching tools available. I had to “reinvent the wheel,” so to speak. Cooking with non-grain flours is quite different than grain flours, and being unable to use any additives or refined sugars was also a challenge. Sourcing the appropriate ingredients was difficult as well. Learning to cook this way took a lot of time, money, mistakes and frustration. I found myself wishing for an online video class that I could take that would teach me how to use and where to get the ingredients, the way grain-free batter should look and how the final product should be — all in one place.
After mastering how to cook grain-free, I now have the opportunity to share all I have learned with you.
The recipes in this class are appropriate for grain-free diets such as Paleo, Primal and any low carbohydrate food plan. They are also appropriate for the SCD and GAPS diets, with just a few exceptions. If any ingredient is not appropriate for a specific diet, it will be indicated and another will be offered as an option.
I’ll share how to:
- Bake with grain-free flours such as nut flours and coconut flour;
- Properly prepare nuts and seeds for easy digestion;
- Make nutritious breakfasts with waffles and pancakes, that are low carb, grain-free and taste better than those made with grains;
- Cook traditional meals with chicken, meat and fish that will satisfy even the pickiest eater — all without grains;
- Put together snacks like energy bars and granola that are full of nutrients rather than empty calories;
- Save money by making your own real food staples and condiments;
- Make a grain-free lunch wrap that really works;
- Save time by cooking in bulk and storing;
- Bake the most delicious and nutritious carrot muffins ever!
You get lifetime access to:
- 12 Weeks of Online Classes;
- Over 80 Video Tutorials;
- Over 150 Printable Recipes!
What people are saying about Real Food Forager
Jill, you are the QUEEN of cooking videos! I love your videos because they are informative and you explain things so well.
I want to tell you that I made your salmon patties last night and my husband REALLY liked the recipe! That is a MIRACLE… he doesn’t like fish… especially salmon! When I told him what we were having, he made a disgusted-looking face, but he changed his mind when he ate the patties. He told me it was very tasty… much better than the ones his mother used to make!
Your mayonnaise recipe is my favorite mayo recipe. I always make it… I had always used dry mustard before (and safflower oil), but the fresh mustard makes it so much tastier!
And I don’t mind making mayo now that I learned you don’t have to add the oil slowly when you use an immersion blender. It’s so easy to throw everything in the jar at one time and use the stick blender. I make it in the same jar I’m going to store it. Works beautifully! —Victoria B.
I’m taking your grain free course now and just wanted to let you know that I am very impressed and inspired. I’ve read through the written material for week one, and it’s so packed with useful and reliable information, so many things I didn’t know, all in one place, and easy to follow. Also your videos are very informative and a great supplement to the articles! Thank you! I’m looking forward to the rest of the course.—Joan L.
I am so excited for this class! To have everything in one place and to get over 80 videos will really help me save time in the kitchen! Following a grain-free diet has really been a benefit to my health and to my son who has learning problems and digestive issues. —Carol C.
Don’t have time to take a class?
Online classes are the best way to learn! Each week, you’ll receive an email with a link to the latest installment of the class, complete with video tutorials, printable PDF recipes.
You can watch the classes at your leisure. You have lifetime access to all the materials — if life gets too busy, you can come back when things slow down.
No need to hire a babysitter and schlep to a community college — take the class while the kids are napping. Then practice in your own kitchen — and you’ll learn everything I spent years struggling to master the hard way.
100% Money Back Guarantee
I am confident that you are going to get a lot of value out of this class. But if any reason you are not satisfied, or don’t wish to continue, I’ll happily refund your money. You have a full 30 days to get a refund, starting from the first day of class. Just send me an email and I’ll send you a refund, no questions asked.
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions. If your question isn’t answered there, just email me and I’ll be happy to help you out.
What You’ll Receive:
- 12 weeks of online classes
- Over 80 video tutorials
- Over 150 written, printable recipes
What I’ll Share:
Lesson 1: Kitchen Basics
Lesson 2: Breakfast
Lesson 3: Condiments
Lesson 4: Lunch
Lesson 5: Staples
Lesson 6: Chicken
Lesson 7: Sides & Sauces
Lesson 8: Meat
Lesson 9: Snacks
Lesson 10: Fish
Lesson 11: Soups & Salads
Lesson 12: Desserts
You should enroll if you…
- have food allergies or intolerances;
- are gluten intolerant;
- are on a gluten-free diet and still have problems;
- are taking care of someone with any autism spectrum disorder;
- are on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, the GAPS Diet, the Paleo or Primal Diets;
- have been diagnosed with any digestive or arthritic disorder;
- have been diagnosed with leaky gut;
- know you feel better without grains (and dairy) but don’t know where to start.