Are you tired of having to think up new recipes for meals, plan them, list all the ingredients and make sure you have them on hand? Wouldn’t it be heavenly for someone to do all that planning for you? Well, it’s here. Real Plans – real food meal plans for the busy cook with your choice of traditional style cooking, Paleo cooking and vegetarian cooking.
I’ve been using the planner for a few weeks now and I love it! It takes all the stress out of planning and thinking of what to serve! That was the worst part of the job – thinking of what to cook!
The recipes are easy, quick and delish – made with easy to source food and ingredients that all real food cooks should have on hand. Your family will truly enjoy eating something new every night of the week and this will make your job so much easier!
I especially love that you can easily change the recipe for the number of people you are serving with just a click!
5 Reasons Why You NEED Real Plans
The main reason is because you probably don’t plan. I know I don’t. I tried it years ago and I got very bored with it. I would plan the same meals week after week because I was comfortable with cooking them and they were easy. My family would roll their eyes at me when they found out what was for dinner…
The second reason is that Emily has amazing recipes! Did you ever see the recipes on her blog? She is an extraordinary cook who emphasizes nutrition, ease and cost in her recipes.
The third reason is that she will organize you and your shopping. This meal plan supports cooking mainly one day of the week — the rest of the week is just putting meals together in a jiffy.
That’s a life saver and the tried-and-true way to accomplish all the home cooking you want to do.
The fourth reason is that Emily has done all the nutrition planning for you as well. You will be getting a nice variety of nutrient dense foods within the recipes — such as, seafood, bone broth, fermented foods, and even organ meats.
You won’t even have to think about it!
The fifth reason is that if you are a Paleo eater, a traditional real food eater or a vegetarian, this is the plan for you. The meal plans are also adjustable for the number of people you are cooking for.
Asian Shrimp and Cucumber Salad
- 4 English cucumbers
- 4 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 pounds medium shrimp cleaned with tails off
- 1/2 chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 red jalapeno, or Thai chilis
- 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce (I used this one)
- Sea salt to taste
- Large fry pan
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and scoop out the seed
- Using a a sharp knife, cut the cucumbers into ribbons
- Peel and devein the shrimp
- Heat sesame oil in the pan over medium heat
- Add the shrimp, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning occasionally until cooked through – about 3 minutes
- Remove from heat and transfer to a cutting board
- Roughly chop the shrimp and transfer the shrimp and juices to a large bowl or platter
- Chip the cilantro
- Deseed the jalapenos
- Juice the limes
- Add the cucumber and remaining ingredients to the shrimp and toss to coat
- Serve immediately
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes (2 batches)
Yield: Serves 4